GF Firestop Solutions LTD are accredited by the largest running and most recognised independent third party certifier schemes for passive fire protection installation in Ireland And the UK – FIRAS, run by Warrington Fire Research Station.
This scheme has been developed in conjunction with the Association of Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) and as such is designed to provide the highest level of proof of competence for both the installer and the products installed.
Why Use an Accredited Installer of Fire Protection?
- To ensure that Fire Protection materials are installed correctly and as tested.
- Work is carried out to agreed industry standards of quality.
- Suitably trained site installation engineers, supervisors and managers.
- Site Inspections by third parties to ensure works are installed correctly.
- Correct products and thicknesses are installed for the required fire protection.
- Company procedures and records are regularly checked and inspected.
- Traceability of installed systems via independent audits and company records.
- Third party backed Certificate of Conformity issued on project completion.
Approved Document B of the Building Regulations, states:
“Third party accreditation of installers of materials provides a means of ensuring that installations have been conducted by knowledgeable contractors to appropriate standards thereby increasing reliability of the anticipated performance in a fire.”
Peace of Mind
The correct installation of fire protection materials is fundamental to avoiding the spread of fire or premature collapse of a building and subsequent loss of life. The use of a third party accredited installer ensures that the correct materials are used and competently installed in accordance with the products’ capabilities, providing peace of mind to specifiers, enforcement authorities, building owners.